The documents below are posted at the conclusion of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for the year ended 31st March 2023.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Parish Clerk.
Reporting to the Chairman, the Clerk is responsible
for the preparation of meetings, implementing council decisions
and keeping its financial records.
Attendance at evening meetings and preparation of
Minutes for approval will be required.
Please see the attached notice for full details.
Closing date for applications: 23rd September 2023
Notice – Hilperton Parish Clerk.
Please see this Notice, with reference to a vacancy which has arisen in the Office of Councillor for Hilperton Parish Council.
Over 150 people attended the public meeting on 1st August with many more turning back as the hall was full.
Residents spoke to share their concerns over the applications, and the meeting was drawn to a close after about an hour and a half.
At the parish council meeting which followed, it was agreed that the PC will employ a planning consultant to fight the applications. The cost will be met from PC reserves.
In the best kept village competition Hilperton was judged second in the ‘large west Wiltshire village’ class. It will therefore not go forward this year to the county round of the competition.
The Parish Council is looking for someone to maintain/tidy/sweep and repair, when necessary, our five Bus Shelters in the village. Also, our five Notice Boards will need to be cleaned regularly.
- Trowbridge Road: (coming into Hilperton, this is on the right-hand side of the road, near the Lion and Fiddle public house).
- Hill Street: At the top end of Hill Street there is an old concrete and brick bus shelter. This needs repainting and generally tidying up as soon as possible before the regular two-monthly maintenance.
- Hill Street: There are another two bus shelters in Hill Street. These are modern and need tidying up, sweeping out and removing any graffiti.
- Horse Road: There is another bus shelter along Horse Road, at the far end.
So, five bus shelters in total. The tidying up and sweeping should be done on a two-monthly basis.
- Trowbridge Road: This notice board is opposite and along a bit from the bus shelter.
- The Village Hall, Whaddon Lane: the PC notice board is to the side of the main entrance door.
- Hill Street: This is the biggest notice board and is by the bus shelter at the top end of Hill Street.
- Horse Road: This notice board is in the grounds of St. Mary’s Church and is easy to access.
- Marsh Stores, Marsh Road: The notice board is around the side of the building, by the letter box.
As with the bus shelters, the Parish Council would like the Notice Boards cleaned on a two-monthly basis.
If there is anyone interested in taking on this work, could he/she inspect the Bus Shelters and Notice Boards and come back to the Parish Council with a quote. Please contact the Clerk, Marylyn Timms by calling 07921 649183.
The parish council will consider its official response to the various McDonald’s planning applications at an extraordinary meeting at the village hall on the evening of Tuesday 1st August.
This will be preceded, at 6.00pm, by a public meeting when you can ask any questions you have about these applications and indicate to the parish council what your opinions are!
Please note that the parish council is NOT the decision-making body for these applications – it is simply a statutory consultee. The decision will be made by Wiltshire Council and any comments need to be advised direct to WC via the planning portal.
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2022/23 is posted.
Notice of Public Rights regarding our audit for 2022/2023.