The Parish Council is looking for someone to maintain/tidy/sweep and repair, when necessary, our five Bus Shelters in the village. Also, our five Notice Boards will need to be cleaned regularly.
- Trowbridge Road: (coming into Hilperton, this is on the right-hand side of the road, near the Lion and Fiddle public house).
- Hill Street: At the top end of Hill Street there is an old concrete and brick bus shelter. This needs repainting and generally tidying up as soon as possible before the regular two-monthly maintenance.
- Hill Street: There are another two bus shelters in Hill Street. These are modern and need tidying up, sweeping out and removing any graffiti.
- Horse Road: There is another bus shelter along Horse Road, at the far end.
So, five bus shelters in total. The tidying up and sweeping should be done on a two-monthly basis.
- Trowbridge Road: This notice board is opposite and along a bit from the bus shelter.
- The Village Hall, Whaddon Lane: the PC notice board is to the side of the main entrance door.
- Hill Street: This is the biggest notice board and is by the bus shelter at the top end of Hill Street.
- Horse Road: This notice board is in the grounds of St. Mary’s Church and is easy to access.
- Marsh Stores, Marsh Road: The notice board is around the side of the building, by the letter box.
As with the bus shelters, the Parish Council would like the Notice Boards cleaned on a two-monthly basis.
If there is anyone interested in taking on this work, could he/she inspect the Bus Shelters and Notice Boards and come back to the Parish Council with a quote. Please contact the Clerk, Marylyn Timms by calling 07921 649183.